Recent technological advances in orthodontics has enabled treatment to be completed in a much shorter time than even a few short years ago. Newport Center Orthodontics has always been in the forefront of this technological wave, and will continue to offer the latest in these advanced procedures. The following are some examples of what we are able to accomplished in making orthodontics not only faster, but at the same time being able to achieve a more stable and improved outcome.
1. Periodontally Accelerated Orthodontics (formerly known as Wilckodontics): A method of preparing the dental pathway for the teeth to move through to their final correct positions in from 5 to 8 months instead of 18 to 24 months.
2. "Propel" Orthodontics: A new auxiliary device which has simplified Periodontally Accelerated Orthodontics by enhancing both accuracy and performance of the accelerated tooth movement activity. This aids in shortening the duration of orthodontics treatment by four to six times faster.
2. "AcceleDent" System: A soft-pulse activator, which in only 20 minutes a day will accelerate orthodontic treatment up to 50%.
3. Heat Activated Arch Wires: Specially manufactured (alloyed) arch wires that react to the warmth of the mouth allowing comfortable and gentle pressures to align teeth more rapidly than before with earlier styled arch wires.
4. Temporary Anchorage Devices (TAD's): Miniature titanium anchorage screws that assist in moving teeth to designated positions without the use of orthognathic surgical procedures, thereby speeding up more complex orthodontic treatment and at the same time avoiding bone surgery.
(See Orthodontic Technology for additional information)